Record number of destinations offered this season: A hot winter at Montréal-Trudeau
MONTRÉAL, Nov. 6, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ – The winter season that is just taking off at Montréal-Trudeau airport will once again be marked by strong growth, both in terms of passenger traffic and air service.
Here are highlights of the 2018-2019 winter season at YUL:
Air service – new destinations
- Sunwing will offer a new destination from Montréal, Mazatlán, starting on December 18th. It is the 9th Mexican destination served from YUL.
- A new carrier started operations at the beginning of the winter season at Montréal-Trudeau. Since the end of October, Norwegian has been offering a direct connection to Pointe-à-Pitre and Fort-de-France. YUL was the first Canadian airport to welcome Norwegian.
- After being cancelled last year following Hurricane Irma, flights to Saint Martin and San Juan are coming back into service starting in mid-December. Air Canada will serve San Juan while Air Transat will operate to both destinations.
- A total of 127 destinations, including 69 international destinations, will be served this winter from Montréal-Trudeau. This is an increase over the 123 destinations offered last year and sets a new record for air service during the winter season.
- A significant increase in the number of available seats (+6.0%), especially for the international sector (+11.0%) and the transborder sector (+7.0%).
- More specifically, destinations to South America/Latin America will offer more seats (+9.5%), a sign that the diversification of air service is a success.
More than 150 direct destinations will be offered from YUL in the coming year, including 91 international destinations. This represents the fastest growth in air service at Montréal-Trudeau in a decade with the addition of 11 new destinations, including two in the spring of 2019.>>> Follow us on Facebook and Twitter